Show All Answers
1. Property Tax - The current rate is $0.175 per $100 of assessed value.
2. Trash Fees - The standard residential trash rate is $280 per year. The standard commercial trash rate is $390 per year. The rate for dumpsters vary by size: $1,110 for 2 yards, $1,450 for 3 yards and $1,720 for a 4 yard dumpster.
3. Water Bond Sinking Fund - The current rate is $1.07 per front footage with a minimum charge of $53.50. This fee funds debt payments on the water plant and distribution system.
4. Ambulance Fee - The Town collects this fee and uses it to pay the Bethany Beach Volunteer Fire Company for ambulance services. The fee is currently $53 per year.
5. Each April and October the Town mails the semi-annual water usage bills. Rates in effect as of 4/1/2017 are as follows:
In Town properties:$150 Flat Fee per year ($75.00 per six months)$4.50 per 1,000 gallons for the first 10,000 gallons$5.50 per 1,000 gallons for 10,001 to 40,000 gallons $6.50 per 1,000 gallons for usage over 40,001 gallons
Out of Town properties (Savannah’s Landing, Salt Pond…):$220 Flat Fee per year ($110 per six months)$6.50 per 1,000 gallons
The semi-annual Water Usage bills are generally due six weeks from date of mailing, so in mid to late May and November. A 2 percent penalty will be assessed monthly after the due date.
You can also pay Business License renewals , Real Estate Rental Tax and Parking Tickets.
Other payments such as traffic tickets, building permits, water hook up fees and first time business licenses may be paid with a credit card but only over the phone or in person so that we are sure we have all the information needed.